1. Ranking the 25 most dominant NHL teams of the past 50 years  The Athletic
  2. 5 thoughts on potential NHL restart and Edmonton Oilers pursuit of the Cup  Globalnews.ca
  3. It sure sounds like Penguins were wary of Carey Price in a 3-game series, but can you blame them?  Yahoo Sports
  4. Underdog Week: Were the 2018-2019 Blues a real underdog?  St. Louis Game Time
  5. Greatest Moments of NHL Season … So Far: third round, matchup 5  NHL.com
  6. View Full coverage on Google News
The Stanley Cup dynasties of the Canadiens, Islanders and Oilers are all here, but which single team comes out on top of our list?The Stanley Cup dynasties of the Canadiens, Islanders and Oilers are all here, but which single team comes out on top of our list?

Ranking the 25 most dominant NHL teams of the past 50 years – The Athletic

One concern about the NHL returning to play is all the work teams will go through to prepare, only to be quickly eliminated from play. However, despite that obstacle, Calgary Flames GM Brad Treliving says a best-of-five series is enough games for things to be fair.One concern about the NHL returning to play is all the work teams will go through to prepare, only to be quickly eliminated from play. However, despite that obstacle, Calgary Flames GM Brad Treliving says a best-of-five series is enough games for things to be fair.

Flames' Brad Treliving on return-to-play proposal: 'I’m good with that' - Sportsnet.ca

There are those who contend there is not a more difficult trophy to win in all of professional team sports than hockey’s Stanley Cup.But now there may be a tougher one than being the survivor of the annual marathon involving four best-of-seven series, often featuring games going two and three ...There are those who contend there is not a more difficult trophy to win in all of professional team sports than hockey’s Stanley Cup.

JONES: New Stanley Cup playoff concept taking shape | Edmonton Sun

There are those who contend there is not a more difficult trophy to win in all of professional team sports than hockey’s Stanley Cup.But now there may be a tougher one than being the survivor of the annual marathon involving four best-of-seven series, often featuring games going two and three ...There are those who contend there is not a more difficult trophy to win in all of professional team sports than hockey’s Stanley Cup.

JONES: New Stanley Cup playoff concept taking shape | Edmonton Sun

With the NHL potentially closing on a 24-team Return to Play format, two-time Stanley Cup champion Ian Cole expressed his confidence in the Colorado Avalanche's chances.

Ian Cole: Colorado Avalanche can beat any team in a best-of-seven series - TSN.ca

“I can confirm: the 24-team NHL playoff format was approved by the NHLPA. Some minor housecleaning issues still to tidy up, but today was a momentous day for hockey moving forward https://t.co/xCGNkQRoCX”

Adrian Dater on Twitter: "I can confirm: the 24-team NHL playoff format was approved by the NHLPA. Some minor housecleaning issues still to tidy up, but today was a momentous day for hockey moving forward https://t.co/xCGNkQRoCX"

“Okay ... so the @FlaPanthers just made the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs*”

Roy Bellamy on Twitter: "Okay ... so the @FlaPanthers just made the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs*"

“Jack Eichel - MVP caliber player Victor Olofsson - Calder contender Rasmus Dahlin - Emerging Star Putting together a playoff hockey team is surely difficult but it should be a lot easier with players like the guys listed above #Sabres”

Matthew Bové on Twitter: "Jack Eichel - MVP caliber player Victor Olofsson - Calder contender Rasmus Dahlin - Emerging Star Putting together a playoff hockey team is surely difficult but it should be a lot easier with players like the guys listed above #Sabres"

“The best point I've seen is that "as much sense as possible" re: NHL playoff format would handicap returning games so best teams have like an 80% chance to move on, and the bottom teams more like 20%.”

Justin Bourne on Twitter: "The best point I've seen is that "as much sense as possible" re: NHL playoff format would handicap returning games so best teams have like an 80% chance to move on, and the bottom teams more like 20%."

Today was a big date in National Hockey League history for teams making to the Stanley Cup Final, including some for the first time.Today was a big date in National Hockey League history for teams making to the Stanley Cup Final, including some for the first time.

Today in Hockey History: May 22

Much remains unknown about a schedule that must be agreed upon by owners and the players.Much remains unknown about a schedule that must be agreed upon by owners and the players.

Stanley Cup winner won't be decided until end of September? | Yardbarker

Should there be an asterisk attached to the Stanley Cup this year for whatever team survives the NHL's makeshift playoff format? Joe Haggerty asked three-time Cup champ Mark Recchi, who explains why there shouldn't be.Should there be an asterisk attached to the Stanley Cup this year for whatever team survives the NHL's makeshift playoff format? Joe Haggerty asked three-time Cup champ Mark Recchi, who explains why

Don't you dare put an asterisk on Stanley Cup winner this season | NBC Sports Boston

In a Stanley Cup playoff series in an empty arena, it would certainly be easy for a general manager — usually seated high above in the press-box — to make his opinions known.To his skating stars.To the men in stripes.To millions of fans watching on their flat-screens at home.In a Stanley Cup playoff series in an empty arena, it would certainly be easy for a general manager — usually seated high above in the press-box — to make his opinions known.

Flames’ GM Brad Treliving not picky about NHL playoff plan | Calgary Sun

In a Stanley Cup playoff series in an empty arena, it would certainly be easy for a general manager — usually seated high above in the press-box — to make his opinions known.To his skating stars.To the men in stripes.To millions of fans watching on their flat-screens at home.In a Stanley Cup playoff series in an empty arena, it would certainly be easy for a general manager — usually seated high above in the press-box — to make his opinions known.

Flames’ GM Brad Treliving not picky about NHL playoff plan | Calgary Sun

Time to fill out your brackets.The NHL’s latest proposal on returning to play involves a post-season featuring 24 teams, a best-of-five play-in round for the bottom-16 seeds, and a March Madness-styled playoff format.Time to fill out your brackets.The NHL’s latest proposal on returning to play involves a post-season featuring 24 teams, a best-of-five play-in round for the bottom-16 seeds, and a March Madness-styled playoff format.

TRAIKOS: Good, bad and the ugly about the NHL’s post-season proposal | Sudbury Star

HockeyBuzz.com - Rick Sadowski - Cole: Avs have legitimate chance at Stanley Cup if play resumes

Ian Cole has won the Stanley Cup twice, and the Colorado Avalanche defenseman said he believes he has a good chance at a third championship this season.Ian Cole has won the Stanley Cup twice, and the Colorado Avalanche defenseman said he believes he has a good chance at a third championship this season.

Cole says Avalanche 'can beat any team … in a seven-game series': report | NHL.com

How do you lean?How do you lean?

Underdog Week: Were the 2018-2019 Blues a real underdog? - St. Louis Game Time

By Zach Cavanagh The effects of the coronavirus pandemic on general society are unprecedented, with shutdowns of this magnitude not seen in more than 100 yBy Zach Cavanagh The effects of the coronavirus pandemic on general society are unprecedented, with shutdowns of this magnitude not seen in more than 100 y

Looking Back: A View of the Sports World During the 1918-19 Influenza Pandemic | The Capistrano Dispatch

Matt Duchene, a center for the Nashville Predators, gave voice to the biggest obstacle awaiting the winner of the 2020 Stanley Cup – an asterisk bigger than Barry Bonds’ distended head. “You don’t want to have a ‘COVID Cup,’ and I’m worried that if we come back and try and force this thing and it’s a little gimmicky and it’s not quite right, whoever wins the Cup is going to have people try and take it away from them their whole lives.”Matt Duchene, a center for the Nashville Predators, gave voice to the biggest obstacle awaiting the winner of the 2020 Stanley Cup – an asterisk bigger than Barry Bonds’ distended head. “You don’t …

Even if good guys win, 2020 doomed to asterisk for ‘Coronavirus Cup’ winners – Boston Herald

General News , Celebrities Deaths , Missing Persons, Accident Reports, Deaths Record, Obituary Records .General News , Celebrities Deaths , Missing Persons, Accident Reports, Deaths Record, Obituary Records .

Market News - Latest Today News, Accident Reports, Missing People, Deaths Records, Obituaries Records

Avalanche's Ian Cole supports the potential return of the NHL playoffs | Up News Info